StainerQuest is a Metroidvania-style game about an armored man heading to an island to take down the leaders of a rivaling kingdom after they had escaped their own land. He finds that the island once held a kingdom that was wiped out by the leaders of the rival kingdom. He meets the only survivor of the massacre: a princess named Agnello.
- The Silver Knight-The silent hero of the game. Actually a pretty chill guy once you get him to speakHis real name is later revealed to beSilver Stainer
- Princess Agnello Raleza-Serious and no-nonsense who just wants to try and find any other survivors so she can revitalize her kingdom.
- Copper Stainer-The main villain of the game. He likes to stay classy and likes to monologue about themes such as Morality, Chaos, Order, and Family.
- Tina Stainer-Copper's daughter. Very loyal to her father, to the point where she seems almost obsessive.
- Ruby Minna-Very intolerant and ruthless. She seems to not like Copper and have her own agenda. She spares The Silver Kight after taking his helmet off.
- Nizzafort Jax-Physically strongest of the leaders, and nice to both of the heroes.
- Eve Credula-Naive, perky, and often sidetracked. She is however, surprisingly smart with mathematics and grammar.
- Doctor Magellan-Very experienced in the field of technology. He is a pragmatist, and discourages going into battles he thinks they can't win
- Persay Jax-Nizzafort's brother and very prideful. He isn't as strong as his brother but he is much better with technology. He only joins after Nizzafort dies
- King Leon Raleza-Brought back from the dead by Copper. Tries to mentor The Silver Knight.Is under the control of Copper after Eve's death
There are two types of levels: Areas and Dungeons. Areas are freely accessible and you can go in and out at any time. You can't escape a dungeon until you defeat the main boss, are located inside of areas, and are also more linear.
- Island Surface
- The Sanctuary
- Dripping Caverns
- Winding Warpath
- Dangerous Desert
The game revolves around switching between The Silver Knight and Princess Agnello. The Silver Knight is the offensive one with all of the weapons. Agnello also has a weapon, but it does very low damage, and doesn't affect most enemies. Agnello has better jumps, gear, and isn't affected by environmental effects as much (Wind, Ice, Water).
- X=Switch character
- Y=Use weapon/gear
- + buttons=Switch weapon/gear
- Analog=Move, Look Up/Down, Climbing
Items are divided into two categories: Weapons (Used by The Silver Knight) and Gear (Used by Agnello).
- Silver Sword (Gotten at the beginning)
- Pistol (Gotten at the beginning)
- Bow (Gotten when Agnello is found)
- Climbing (Gotten when Agnello is found)